Aluminium Windows: Upgrade Your Home Windows
Welcome to the world of aluminium windows – a perfect blend of durability, style, and affordability that will elevate your home’s appearance and functionality.
As one of the most sought-after options for modern architecture, aluminium windows offer an array of benefits that cater to different needs and preferences.
We will take you on a journey through various types of aluminium windows, their advantages over other materials, and how they can be installed seamlessly in your home.
Contact us for aluminium window specialists!
- Aluminium windows come in various types, including folding, sliding, side hung, top hung, bi-fold doors, French doors and patio doors.
- Benefits of aluminium windows include their durability and strength against harsh elements like salt exposure and inclement weather.
- Energy-efficient with low maintenance requirements while offering a sleek appearance that is perfect for contemporary architecture.
- How to choose an installer for aluminium window installations or any other type of door services
- Opting for aluminium windows can add value to your home
Types of Aluminium Windows & Door Services
Aluminium windows and door services include
- Folding windows
- Sliding windows
- Side hung windows
- Top hung windows
- Bi-fold doors
- French doors
- Patio doors
Folding windows are an innovative and versatile option for those looking to introduce more natural light and fresh air into their living spaces.
These aluminium window frames, also known as bi-fold or accordion windows, consist of multiple panels that fold neatly together when opened.
- This allows a seamless transition between indoor and outdoor areas.
One of the many advantages of folding aluminium windows is their adaptability – they can be customised to suit various architectural styles and personal preferences.
- For instance, you can choose from different colour finishes to match your home’s decor or opt for double-glazed glass panes for improved energy efficiency.
Folding windows offer incredible space-saving capabilities since they stack against each other when open rather than protruding into your room like traditional casement or sliding windows.
Sliding windows are a popular choice among various types of aluminium window installations, offering both functionality and style.
These windows feature two or more sashes that glide past each other within the frame.
- It provides efficient space utilization and easy operation.
One of the key benefits of sliding aluminium windows is their ability to provide excellent ventilation while maximizing expansive views.
They only require a simple slide to open up your living space to fresh air and natural light. These windows contribute significantly to creating a comfortable indoor environment for homeowners.
- Due to their durability and low maintenance requirements, aluminium sliding windows offer great value for money without compromising on quality or aesthetics.
Side Hung Windows
Side-hung aluminium windows are a popular choice among homeowners, hotels, and hospitals due to their versatility and easy operation.
- Windows open outwards and feature hinges on the side, allowing for excellent ventilation while maintaining high levels of security and thermal efficiency.
Not only do side-hung aluminium windows provide functional benefits but they also enhance the aesthetic appeal of any property.
- Come in various styles, sizes, and finishes to suit individual preferences or match existing architectural designs.
Imagine having a modern kitchen fitted with sleek black-framed side-hung windows – it adds both visual interest and practical functionality to your home.
Top Hung Windows
Aluminium Top Hung Windows are an excellent choice for homeowners who want to add elegance and functionality to their homes.
These windows open horizontally, providing fresh air and ventilation while maintaining a stylish appearance.
- One of the most popular styles of Aluminium Top Hung Windows is the casement design.
This style features a hinged sash that opens outwards from the top, allowing the window frame to remain stationary while still providing plenty of natural light and airflow.
Bi-fold doors, also known as folding or concertina doors, are a popular choice for homeowners and businesses looking to merge indoor and outdoor living spaces.
- These innovative aluminium stacking doors can be custom-made to fit any space with a wide span.
Bi-fold doors offer greater flexibility than traditional patio or French doors because they can fully open up the area, giving you uninterrupted views of your garden or outside space.
With slimmer lines and less visual bulk than other types of door systems, aluminium bi-fold doors have become increasingly popular in recent years due to their durability, strength, stability, and larger panel sizes.
French doors are a popular choice for homeowners who want to add an elegant touch to their living spaces.
- Made of aluminium frames, French doors provide a sleek and modern look that can complement any home design.
These types of doors come in different styles, including hinged patio doors and sliding glass doors, offering plenty of options to choose from.
- Installing French doors in your home allows natural light to enter the room while enhancing its aesthetic appeal.
When opting for French door installation services, make sure you research reputable companies specialising in aluminium windows and door services.
As mentioned earlier, Go-To Door & Window is one such company that guarantees quality products at affordable prices.
In addition to the various styles of aluminium windows, there are also several options for patio doors.
- Bi-fold doors can create a large opening between indoor and outdoor spaces, providing an open and airy feel.
French doors offer a timeless look while still maintaining security benefits with reinforced locks.
- When it comes to choosing the right patio door for your property, it’s essential to consider factors such as size, style preferences, and security needs.
Aluminium patio doors offer strength and durability against weather conditions. This ensures long-lasting quality that requires minimal maintenance over time.
Benefits of Aluminium Windows and Doors
Aluminium windows and doors provide several benefits
- Strength and durability
- Energy efficiency
- Stylish appearance
- Low maintenance requirements
Durability and Strength
Aluminium windows and doors are well known for their durability and strength, making them a preferred choice among homeowners.
- Their resistance to corrosion and rust makes them ideal for coastal areas where salt exposure is common.
Additionally, the mechanical properties of aluminium make it unique in many construction applications.
- The toughness of aluminium frames means they require less material than other materials like wood or uPVC, while still maintaining their structural integrity.
Finally, with its ability to increase in strength in colder temperatures, aluminium is an excellent choice over steel for cold weather climates.
Aluminium windows are a cost-effective and energy-efficient option for those looking to reduce their carbon footprint.
Despite having high thermal conductivity, modern aluminium window frames can be designed with multiple chambers and insulating materials.
- Provides excellent insulation and prevents heat loss.
Aluminium windows often come with Low-E glass, which has a special coating that reflects heat back into your home while allowing natural light to filter through.
This not only helps maximize energy efficiency but also creates a bright, inviting living space.
Aluminium windows and doors offer a sleek, modern appearance that can enhance the look and feel of any home or building.
- The versatility of aluminium allows for powder-coating in various finishes, from metallic to matte textures, making it an ideal material for contemporary architecture.
Aluminium frames provide a slim profile that maximizes natural light and provides unobstructed views.
One of the most attractive features of aluminium windows and doors is their low maintenance requirements.
- Unlike wooden frames, they do not require painting or staining to maintain their appearance.
The anodized or painted finish on aluminium is virtually permanent, meaning you won’t have to worry about discolouration over time.
- Maintenance only requires wiping down with a damp cloth occasionally, which can be done quickly and easily.
Opting for aluminium windows also saves money in the long run by reducing repair costs associated with other materials that are susceptible to weather damage.
Aluminium’s durability means it can withstand harsh elements without deteriorating rapidly as other materials might.
One of the biggest advantages of aluminium windows and doors is their cost-effectiveness.
Compared to other materials like timber or uPVC, aluminium is significantly cheaper, making it an ideal option for those on a budget.
- In addition to being affordable upfront, aluminium windows require very little maintenance over time, reducing your overall costs even further.
This makes them a wise investment for any homeowner or business looking to save money without compromising on quality or style.
Other Window Options
In addition to aluminium windows, homeowners may also consider wooden or uPVC windows as alternative options.
Wooden windows are a popular choice for homeowners looking to add warmth and character to their homes.
- However, wooden frames require more maintenance than aluminium windows as they can be susceptible to rot and warping.
In South Africa, wooden and aluminium windows are the most common types found on residential properties.
- Wooden frames do offer excellent thermal and acoustic insulation, as well as resistance against pests and intruders.
The uPVC is an abbreviation for Unplasticized Polyvinyl Chloride, a type of plastic material.
- uPVC windows are popular due to their durability, affordability, and low maintenance requirements.
They have strong insulating properties that help keep homes warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
Compared to aluminium windows, uPVC joinery provides better thermal insulation as it is considered the least conducting window framing material available on the market.
- This means homeowners can save money on energy bills by using these types of windows.
Additionally, uPVC frames are not susceptible to corrosion and therefore require minimal upkeep over their lifetime.
Comparison between Aluminium, Wood and UPVC Windows
To help you make an informed choice, here is a comparison table highlighting the differences between aluminium, wood, and uPVC windows.
|Aluminium||Highly durable and long-lasting, resistant to corrosion.||Good insulation properties, contributing to energy efficiency.||Wide range of colours and finishes available, offering a stylish appearance.||Low maintenance, only requiring occasional cleaning.||Cost-effective, especially considering its lifespan and low maintenance requirements.|
|Wood||Can be durable, but more susceptible to rot, warping, and insects.||Offers excellent insulation, contributing to energy efficiency.||Classic appearance, with the ability to paint or stain for a customised look.||Requires regular maintenance, such as painting, staining, and sealing.||Can be more expensive initially, but may offer long-term value if properly maintained.|
|uPVC||Durable and lightweight, not prone to corrosion like aluminium.||Good insulation properties, contributing to energy efficiency.||Limited colour options, but offers a clean and modern appearance.||Low maintenance, only requiring occasional cleaning.||Generally more affordable than aluminium and wood, but may not be as long-lasting.|
Whether you opt for aluminium, wood, or uPVC windows, factoring in your home’s specific needs and design preferences will ensure you make the right choice.
Remember that investing in quality materials and professional installation can provide long-term benefits for your home’s comfort, energy efficiency, and resale value.
Installation Process of Aluminium Windows and Doors
To ensure the proper installation of aluminium windows and doors
- Choose a reputable installer
- Measure the window openings accurately
- Prepare the site for installation
- Install the frame and glass panels correctly
- Add finishing touches for a complete look
Choosing the Right Installer
To ensure a successful installation of your aluminium windows and doors, it is vital to choose the right installer.
- Look for a reputable and experienced company that specialises in installing aluminium frames.
- Check their credentials and references, read online reviews, and ask for testimonials from previous clients.
- Price should not be the only deciding factor when choosing an installer, as opting for cheaper options could compromise quality.
- Instead, assess the quality of their workmanship by asking to see examples of their past installations or requesting site visits to previous projects.
- A reliable contractor will offer post-installation support such as warranties or maintenance services if needed.
Measuring the Window Openings
Before installing aluminium windows and doors, it’s important to measure your window openings accurately.
- This ensures that the new windows and doors will fit perfectly in the designated space.
Three measurements are typically taken for each direction (right, centre, and left or top, middle, and bottom) to ensure precision.
- Proper measurement is crucial for a successful installation process as ill-fitting windows can lead to air leakage or water damage.
Testing methods also exist to determine the resistance of aluminium windows and doors to repeated opening and closing.
Preparing the Site for Installation
Before installing your aluminium windows and doors, it’s important to prepare the site properly.
- This means making sure the work area is clear of any debris or obstructions that could hinder the installation process.
If you’re replacing existing windows, it’s crucial to remove them carefully without damaging the surrounding structure.
- If your home has asbestos-containing materials (ACM), a licensed professional needs to be contacted to safely handle their removal before installation can take place.
With these steps taken care of, your site will be ready for a successful installation project that delivers aesthetically pleasing and high-performance aluminium windows and doors.
Installing the Frame and Glass Panels
Once the frame has been measured and prepared, it’s time to install the aluminium window or door.
This involves carefully lifting the frame into place, ensuring that it fits snugly and level within its opening.
- It is essential to follow strict safety protocols when installing aluminium frames as they can be heavy and may require specialised equipment for their correct placement.
A Safe Work Method Statement should be in place before beginning work on any installation project to cover hazards and controls associated with handling and moving materials onsite.
After the frame and glass panels have been installed, it’s time for the finishing touches on your new aluminium windows and doors.
- These final details can add an extra layer of style to your home or commercial property.
Hardware options such as handles, locks and hinges also come in a variety of colours, styles and finishes that will complement your window choice perfectly.
Choosing an Aluminium Windows Installer in Your Area
- Research and compare installation companies in your area
- check their credentials and references
- receive multiple quotes
- assess the quality of their work
- ensure proper communication throughout the installation process
- inquire about post-installation maintenance and support
Contact us for a local Aluminium Windows Installer near me!
Researching and Comparing Installation Companies
Before choosing an aluminium windows installer, it is important to do thorough research and compare different companies.
By doing so, you can ensure that you are getting the best value for your money without compromising on quality or safety standards.
- Look for reviews or testimonials from previous customers
- Check the credentials of the company
- Make sure they have experience with installing aluminium windows.
It’s a good idea to reach out to multiple companies and receive quotes to compare pricing, services offered and installation methods used.
Checking Credentials and References
It’s important to choose a reputable aluminium windows installer for your home improvement project.
- One way to do this is by checking their credentials and references.
Make sure the installer has the necessary accreditations, such as those from the
- South African Glass and Glazing Association (SAGGA)
- Association of Architectural Aluminium Manufacturers of South Africa (AAAMSA)
Additionally, ask for references from past clients to get a sense of their work quality and customer service.
You can also check online reviews on platforms like Google My Business or Hellopeter.com.
Receiving Multiple Quotes
Before deciding on an aluminium windows installer, it’s essential to receive multiple quotes.
- By doing so, you can compare prices and ensure that you get the best value for your money.
Luckily, there is a guide available that offers a 100% free service to compare up to six quotes with only one request.
- It’s simple – fill in some basic information about what type of work you require, and they’ll do the rest.
With this guide’s help, you can save time contacting individual professionals while also ensuring that you have options to choose from and find an installer that suits your budget and needs.
Assessing the Quality of Their Work
It’s important to choose the right installer when it comes to your aluminium windows and doors.
- You want to ensure that they have a good track record for quality workmanship and customer service.
One way to assess the quality of their work is by checking credentials and references.
- Look for installers who are registered with industry bodies, such as the AAAMSA or SAGGA, as this shows they meet industry standards.
Another factor to consider is communication throughout the installation process.
Good installers will keep you informed
- About Progress
- Any issues that arise
- What steps will be taken to resolve them
Ensuring Proper Communication throughout the Installation Process
Communication is key during the installation process of your aluminium windows and doors.
- A reputable installer should keep you informed about the progress of your project every step of the way.
Good communication can also help to address any concerns or issues that may arise during installation.
Post-installation Maintenance and Support
Proper post-installation maintenance and support are crucial in ensuring that your aluminium windows continue to perform effectively.
- While aluminium is known for its durability and low maintenance, it’s important to have a maintenance plan in place to keep your windows looking like new.
- This might include simple tasks such as cleaning the frames with a damp cloth or lubricating the tracks on sliding windows.
Our Aluminium Windows & Door Service companies are committed to customer satisfaction through excellent post-installation maintenance and support services.
Cost of Aluminium Windows and Doors in South Africa
The cost of aluminium windows and doors in South Africa varies depending on factors such as size, style, and installation costs.
Factors Affecting the Cost
The cost of aluminium windows and doors in South Africa is influenced by several factors, such as the size, type, style, glazing options and special finishes.
- The larger the window or door frame required, the higher the final price will be.
Additionally, different styles of windows come with varying costs – for example,
- Sliding windows tend to be less expensive than bi-fold or French doors.
Furthermore, selecting a more energy-efficient double-glazed option can increase the overall cost compared to single glazing.
- Finally, special finishes like woodgrain textures may also affect the price point of your chosen aluminium windows and doors.
The cost of aluminium windows may be a concern for many customers, but the good news is that it is generally more affordable than other materials like steel.
The price range for aluminium windows in South Africa varies depending on factors such as size, design, and supplier.
- On average, prices can range from R950 to R6000 per window.
It’s important to note that pricing can differ significantly between suppliers so it’s wise to shop around before making any decisions.
Factors affecting the cost include:
- Insulation options
- Glazing types
Size Options & Custom
Aluminium windows and doors come in a variety of sizes to suit your specific needs.
- The cost of these products is often related to their size, with larger options being more expensive than smaller ones.
Suppliers can offer standard-size aluminium windows and doors as well as custom-made options for unique openings.
When it comes to choosing the right size, consider factors such as airflow, natural light, and privacy requirements.
- For example, larger sliding or French doors can allow for more natural light in a room compared to smaller window options like side-hung or top-hung designs.
Alternatively, folding windows may be ideal if space is limited while still providing ample ventilation when opened fully.
Get In Touch With Us Today! [Order Now]
If you’re looking to install aluminium windows and doors in your home or office, we are here to help you.
- Expert installers have years of experience and knowledge, ensuring that your project is completed on time and within budget.
- High-quality installations with prices that are also competitive within the South African market.
- Provide multiple quotes based on your unique requirements.
Our reputation speaks for itself as we have numerous satisfied clients who trust us with their window installation projects.
- Exceptional customer service even after the initial installation is complete.
If any issues arise, we offer post-installation maintenance and support so that you can enjoy long-lasting benefits from your new windows and doors.
- What are the benefits of aluminium windows?
Aluminium windows provide several benefits over traditional window materials including
- Improved durability
- Energy efficiency
- Sleek modern design that complements any style of home
- How do I maintain my aluminium windows?
To keep your aluminium windows looking their best for longer, it is recommended to clean them regularly with soapy water or mild detergent.
- Avoid using abrasive cleaners or harsh chemicals which can damage the paint finish.
- Can I customize my aluminium windows?
Yes! Aluminium windows can be customized to fit any size or shape opening in your home.
- Come in a variety of finishes and colours to match your individual taste.
- Are aluminium windows environmentally friendly?
Yes! Aluminium is an infinitely recyclable material that requires very little energy to produce compared with other materials like PVC or wood.