What is Disney Plus on DStv? – South Africa
Disney Plus is a streaming service that offers you access to all of Disney’s movies, shows, and shorts.
It’s similar to Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu, but with a few unique features that make it stand out from the crowd.
For one thing, Disney+ has access to all of Disney’s animated films from the past 100 years.
This includes classics like “Aladdin,” “The Lion King,” and “Beauty and the Beast”, plus all-new shows starring some of your favourite characters.
The service also offers exclusive streaming rights to new Disney films as they come out, as well as access to classic movies like “Toy Story” and “The Little Mermaid.”
When you sign up for Disney Plus on DStv, you’ll also have access to all of the live TV channels offered by DStv Select—including ESPN, Star Sports and others!
Why Subscribe to Disney Plus?
- Exclusive Original Content
- Endless Entertainment
- Steam on 4 Devices at Once
- Parental Controls
Benefits of Disney Plus South Africa
Disney Plus is the latest streaming service to hit the market.
It’s a great option for families who love Disney and Pixar movies, but it’s also got some other great content that you might not expect.
Here are some of the Benefits of Disney Plus on DStv
Wide selection of content
- The first thing to know about Disney+ is that it has a wide range of movies, shows, and documentaries available at any given time. You’ll be able to find something for everyone in your family!
- Another benefit of Disney+ is that it offers exclusive content—including live-action remakes of classic animated films like The Lion King and Aladdin. You won’t be able to find this anywhere else!
No ads or commercials
- While some other streaming services do offer an ad-free experience, Disney Plus does not have any advertisements—so you can watch without having to worry about being interrupted by ads!
How to Get Disney Plus on DStv? – Bundle it Up
There are 2 Ways to add Disney+ to your DStv.
Subscribe to DStv Website
- Go to the DStv website and log in to your account.
- Under the “My Products” section, select “Add Ons”.
- Scroll down to the “Disney Plus” add-on and select “Subscribe”.
- You will be redirected to the Disney Plus website. Follow the prompts to create an account and start streaming.
Add Disney Plus via DStv Now App
You can also add Disney+ to your DStv Explora via the DStv Now app.
- Just log in to your account
- select “Add Ons”
- scroll down to Disney Plus
- Select “Subscribe”
- Follow the prompts to activate your subscription
With Disney+ on DStv, you’ll have access to all of your favourite Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic movies and TV shows. Start streaming today!
Disney Plus is Only Available as an Add-on for the following DStv packages:
- Compact Plus
Can I get Disney Plus without being a DStv subscriber?
Yes! Download the Disney Plus App from the Google or Apple Store. Signup & Subscribe to their service.
Disney Plus Price – Subscription South Africa
How much is Disney+ Subscription in South Africa?
- Monthly Subscription plan @ R119
- Get 2 Months FREE if you pay upfront for the year
- Can only be bundled up with Premium, Compact Plus or Compact
Disney Plus Shows / Movies
There are many great shows and movies available on Disney+.
Some of the most popular include:
- The Mandalorian
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars
- The Marvelous Mrs Maisel
- Pixar Films
- Marvel Studios
- High School Musical
- National Geographic Documentaries
Compatible Devices for Streaming Disney Plus
- Android TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Apple TV
- Windows PC
- Chrome OS
Mobile & Tablet
- iPhone & Ipad
- Android Phones & Tablets
Netflix vs Amazon Prime Video vs Disney Plus
- One of the original streaming services.
- It offers a wide variety of content, from TV shows to movies to documentaries.
- You can even find some exclusive Netflix Originals, like Stranger Things and The Crown.
- One downside to Netflix is that it doesn’t offer any live TV.
- Premium Package @ R199 per month
Amazon Prime Video
- A great option if you’re looking for a mix of TV shows, movies, and even live sports.
- Amazon Originals, like The Boys or Jack Ryan, are also available to watch.
- Prime Video is included with an Amazon Prime membership, which costs $99 per year.
- After the Trial, R79 per month
- Newer streaming service that offers a ton of great content for families.
- You can find all your favourite Disney movies, as well as new Originals like The Mandalorian.
- Monthly Subscription of R119
Free Trial of Disney Plus
If you’re looking for a great way to experience all that Disney+ has to offer, why not try out the free trial?
You can enjoy all of your favourite Disney movies and shows without having to commit to a monthly subscription.
Plus, you’ll get to try out all of the great features that Disney+ has to offer.
So why wait?
Sign up for a free trial of Disney+ today!
Disney Plus FREE Trial Available for
- South Africa
What is the Disney Plus App?
The Disney Plus App is an app for watching movies and shows on your mobile device.
It allows you to watch movies and TV shows from Disney, Marvel, Pixar, Star Wars and Lucasfilm.
The app also provides access to exclusive content including original series and specials from the Walt Disney Studios and third-party programming from other providers.
Disney Plus App Download
The Disney+ App works on most devices that support Android or iOS operating systems.
It is available for free download from Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
You can also download the app directly through your web browser at
After downloading the app, you can sign in with your Disney account to access your cloud-based library of content.
If you don’t have a Disney account, you can create one during the sign-up process or at any time later on by navigating to Settings in the app and selecting Sign In/Out.
Once signed in, you’ll be able to access all of your purchased movies and television shows.
You can also watch free content like how-to videos and short films as well as trailers for upcoming movies and shows.
Disney Plus login – How to Log in
To log in to Disney+, you will need your email address and password. If you are having trouble logging in, you can reset your password.
If you are a new user, you can create an account by entering your email address, creating a password, and selecting your country.
You will also need to provide your date of birth and gender. Once you have created an account, you can log in to Disney+ and start streaming your favourite Disney movies and TV shows.
Disney Plus Account – Sign Up Process
- Go to the Disney website and click the “Sign Up” button.
- Once you have created your account, you’ll be able to choose a subscription plan.
- There are two plans to choose from, the monthly plan and the annual plan. If you decide to go with the annual plan, you’ll get 2 months for free.
- Once you’ve chosen your subscription plan, you’ll need to provide your payment information. Disney accepts major credit cards, as well as PayPal.
- After you’ve entered your payment information, you’ll be able to start streaming Disney content.
Disney Plus Begin – Activation
- Launch the App and select log in
- Go to: DisneyPlus.com/begin on mobile or computer
- You shall be given the 8 Digit Activation Code
- Enter the activation code on your Smart TV / Device
- Sign into Disney with your Account Details
- Start Streaming
How to Activate Disneyplus.com Login/Begin URL 8-Digit Code on Any Device?
Assuming you have completed the sign-up process and obtained your 8-digit activation code, you can now begin the process of activating your Disney+ account on any device.
- To start, go to the Disney+ website and select the “Login” option in the upper right-hand corner.
- Enter your email address and password associated with your Disney+ account, then click “Continue.”
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to enter your 8-digit activation code. Once you have entered the code, click “Activate.”
And that’s it! You should now be able to access all of the great content that Disney+ has to offer.
How to Activate Disney Plus on Android TV with Login/Begin URL? – Disney+ TV login
- Download the Disney+ App from the store
- Open the App and sign into your account
- You will be asked for an 8-digit code
- Go to: disneyplus.com/begin
- Sign In & get your activation code
- Enter the 8 Digit code on your TV
How to Log in to Disney Plus on Gaming Consoles with Unique Code?
- Download the Disney App onto your Console.
- To log in to Disney+ on your gaming console, you will need to enter a unique code.
- This code can be found in the settings menu of your console.
Once you have located the code, follow the instructions below to log in.
- Go to Disney Plus and select “Log In”.
- Enter the code found in your console’s settings menu.
- Select “Continue”.
- Enter your Disney+ email address and password.
- Select “Log In”.
Is Disney Plus Worth It?
The brief answer is yes. Disney+ is worth it for many reasons, and here are just a few:
- You get all of the Disney content you know and love, plus tons of new stuff from them.
- They have tons of original programming that you can’t find anywhere else!
- There are also lots of older series that are being added to the service, so you don’t have to worry about missing out on your old favourites.
People also ASK – DStv and Disney Plus
What Channel is Disney+ on DStv?
- Disney+ is a streaming service like Netflix.
- The Disney channel on DStv is 303.
Is Disney+ Free with DStv?
No, you need to subscribe to the service @ R119 pm
Is venom on Netflix or Disney Plus?
Venom is available on Netflix.
How much is Disney Plus in South Africa?
The Fee is R119 per month
Is home on Disney+?
Home is not currently available to stream on Disney+
Is Marley and me on Disney Plus?
Currently, Marley and Me is not any Disney+
Espn and Disney Plus
Disney+ and ESPN are both owned by The Walt Disney Company.
As a result, ESPN will be available as an add-on subscription to Disney Plus
Can I get a free trial of Disney+?
Yes, you can!
What content is on Disney Plus?
There is a variety of content on Disney+. You can find everything from classic Disney films to more recent releases, as well as television shows, documentaries, and another original programming.
If it’s Disney-related, there’s a good chance you’ll be able to find it on the platform.
- As for specific titles, some of the more popular movies available on Disney+ include “Frozen,” “The Lion King,” “Despicable Me,” “Toy Story,” and “The Avengers.”
- As for TV shows, there are plenty of classics like “Ducktales” and “The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse,” as well as newer shows like “Star Wars: The Clone Wars”
How to pay for Disney+ in South Africa?
Debit or Credit card & Gift Card.
Is teenage mutant ninja turtles on Disney Plus?
Watch Disney Plus in South Africa
Disney+ is available in South Africa @ R119 per month
How many screens is Disney+?
You may stream to 4 screens at once.
What shows are on Disney Plus?
- Welcome to Earth
- The World According to Jeff Goldblum
- Turning Red
- The Kardashians.
- Pam & Tommy
- Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D
- Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars,
- ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy
- The Book of Boba Fett
- Moon Knight
- & Much more
Disney Plus with DStv Premium
Yes, you can sign up for Disney+ with a DStv premium subscription.
This will give you access to all of the content that is available on Disney+, including exclusive shows and movies.
You will also be able to watch Disney+ content on multiple devices, including your TV, computer, and mobile device.
How many profiles can I have for one Disney+ account?
7 Profiles and stream to 4 devices.
Is there any African content on Disney+?
There are 2 Animated Series.
- Kizazi Moto
What will Disney+ include?
Disney+ will include movies and TV shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic libraries.
It will also include a slew of exclusive new content, including a new “Star Wars” series produced by Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy.
Is Disney Plus better than Netflix?
There’s no easy answer to this question since it depends on individual preferences.
However, we can take a look at what each service has to offer and make a comparison.
- Disney+ is the newest streaming service on the block, and it offers a lot of exclusive content that you can’t find anywhere else. This includes popular movies like Black Panther and Toy Story 4, as well as exclusive TV shows like The Mandalorian. If you’re a big Disney fan, then Disney Plus is the better option.
- Netflix, on the other hand, has a wider range of available content. In addition to movies and TV shows, they also offer documentaries and stand-up comedy specials.
Is Disney+ free with Amazon Prime?
Can you cancel Disney+ anytime?
Yes, you can!
Can I cancel Disney+ if I paid for a year?
Sure you can, but you will not get a refund.
Can you get Disney+ for a month?
Yes, you can! Subscribe then cancel it.
How many people can watch Disney+ at once?
How do I add someone to my Disney+ account?
Adding someone to your Disney+ account is a simple process.
- Once you have created an account, simply log in and select the “Add Member” option from the main menu.
- Enter the email address of the person you wish to add and they will be sent an invitation to join your account.
- Once they accept, they will be able to log in and enjoy all of the benefits of being a member of Disney Plus!
How do I pay for Disney+ without a credit card?
- Gift Card
- Subscribe through Google or Apple iTunes
How to Install the Disney Plus app for PC
To install the Disney+ app for PC, you’ll need to have a Windows computer and an active subscription to the service.
Here are the steps you’ll need to follow:
- Open your web browser and go to disneyplus.com/download.
- Select the Disney Plus app for the PC option.
- Click on the Download button.
- Wait for the download to finish and then click on the Install button.
- Click on Yes when asked if you want to allow the app to make changes to your computer.
- The app will start installing and will be ready to use once it’s finished installing.
How to Install Disney Plus app Mac
To install the Disney Plus app on a Mac
- Simply open the App Store and search for “Disney Plus.”
- The app should be one of the top results.
- Click on the blue “Get” button and then click on the blue “Install” button to begin the installation process.
- The Disney+ app will download and install automatically.
- Once it’s finished, you can open it by clicking on the blue “Disney+” icon in your dock or Launchpad.
Where to Download Disney+ APK?
Download the LATEST Disney+ APK here
Streaming TV Services Comparison
Amazon Video Prime
You Tube TV