What is Marquee Flooring?
Marquee flooring is a type of flooring that is often used in event venues and other public spaces. It is usually made of a durable material such as vinyl or carpet, and it is designed to withstand heavy foot traffic.
Marquee flooring is often used in areas where there is a lot of foot traffic, such as in front of stages or high-traffic areas. It is also often used in places where there is a lot of noise, such as in nightclubs or bars.
Marquee flooring is usually installed by professional installers.
4 Types of Marquee Flooring
- Wooden flooring – Wooden flooring is a classic choice for marquees and can give a really elegant look to your event. It is important to make sure that the flooring you choose is suitable for use with marquees, as some types of wood can be damaged by the weather.
- Carpeted flooring – Carpeted flooring is another popular option for marquees. It can add a touch of luxury to your event and is also very practical, as it will help to keep your guests warm in cooler weather.
- Tile flooring – Tile flooring is a great choice if you are looking for a durable and easy-to-clean option. It is also a good choice for marquee flooring if you are worried about the weather, as the tile is very resistant to water damage.
- Concrete flooring – Concrete flooring is a very popular choice for marquee flooring, as it is extremely durable and easy to maintain. It can also be stained or painted to match your event theme.
Marquee Flooring Sizes
There is a wide range of marquee flooring sizes available to cater for all types of events.
- 3m x 3m: Suitable for small gatherings of up to 30 people.
- 6m x 6m: A popular size for parties and events of up to 100 people.
- 9m x 9m: Ideal for large events such as weddings and accommodates up to 225 people.
- 12m x 12m: The largest size available, perfect for very large events of up to 400 people.
Marquee flooring for sale
If you’re looking for a company that offers Marquee flooring for sale, we can help. We’ve made it our mission to connect you with companies that can provide the services you need.
Marquee flooring for hire
If you’re looking for someone who will provide Marquee flooring for hire then look no further, we can find you a marquee flooring company in your area that offers Marquee flooring for hire.
Marquee Flooring Pros and Cons
Marquee flooring is known for its durability and resistance to wear and tear.
PROS – Advantages of Marquee Flooring
- High-quality flooring
- Easy to install and can be applied over existing floors
- Beautiful wood that can be refinished over time
- Resistant to water, heat, and oil stains
CONS – Disadvantages of Marquee Flooring
- Quite slippery
- Can be quite loud when it is being walked on
- Need to Hire a professional installer
3 Marquee Flooring benefits
- Affordable, but still high-quality.
- Easy to install, and the results are stunning.
- Choose from a wide variety of colours and styles
Installation & Hire – Marquee Flooring near me
We’re here to help you find marquee flooring installation professionals in your area. Whether it’s wooden, carpeted, or laminate flooring you’re after, we’ll connect you with the right company for your needs.
Marquee Flooring Hire near me
- East London
- Kempton Park
- South Africa
- Cape Town
- East Rand
- Port Elizabeth
Marquee Flooring Options – Marquee Floor Ideas / Types
The most popular choices are wooden floors, carpeted floors and vinyl floors.
- Wooden floors are the most popular choice for marquees as they provide a solid and sturdy base. They are also easy to clean and maintain.
- Carpeted floors are also popular as they provide a softer surface for guests to walk on. However, they can be more difficult to keep clean and may require more frequent cleaning.
- Vinyl floors are a good alternative to wooden and carpeted floors as they are easy to clean and maintain. However, they can be more slippery than other flooring options and may not be suitable for all events.
- Tile floors: Tile flooring is another option that works well in most marquees because it comes in various colours, patterns, and sizes that can fit almost any space. It’s also very durable and easy to clean.
Marquee Flooring Installation
If you’re looking for a professional company to install your marquee flooring, look no further. We shall put you in contact with someone who can install Marquee Flooring at a great price.
Marquee Flooring Installation Services:
- Flooring Installation
- Laminate Flooring Installation
- Carpet Installation
- Tile Installation
- Much more
Why Hire our Marquee Flooring installer?
- Highly Trained Experts
- Great Installation Rates
- Understand the importance of a high-quality finish work
Skilled at working with all types of flooring material
- Engineered wood
Marquee Flooring Prices – FREE Quotes
There are several factors that can impact the price of marquee flooring:
- Type of flooring do you choose
- Size of the area you need to cover
Common Types of Marquee Flooring and their Costs
- Linoleum flooring is one of the most popular choices for marquees due to its durability and low cost. Linoleum flooring can be found for as little as R80 per square metre, making it a very affordable option.
- Carpet is another popular choice for marquee flooring, and can be found for around R120 per square metre. Carpet is a good choice if you’re looking for a softer surface underfoot, but it’s important to note that it can be more difficult to keep clean than some other types of flooring.
- Wooden flooring is a popular choice for more traditional marquees and can add a touch of luxury to your event. However, wooden flooring can be more expensive than other options, with prices starting at around R200 per square metre.
- If you’re looking for a more unusual or unique flooring option, there are also several other materials that can be used in marquees. These include vinyl, rubber and even grass! Prices for these more unusual options can start from around R300 per square metre.
What is the best flooring for a marquee?
- For a formal event, then hardwood or tile would be the best option.
- For more casual events, then carpet or vinyl would be a better option.
What can I use for a marquee floor?
There are a few options when it comes to marquee floors.
- You can use a dance floor, which is a popular option because it is non-slip and waterproof.
- You can also use an outdoor turf carpet, which will give your event a natural look and feel.
Do marquees have a floor?
The floor of a marquee is generally fixated to the ground with guy ropes and pegs. However, some marquees have detachable floors that can be removed for easy cleaning.
Marquees without floors are also available; these are typically used for events such as outdoor concerts or festivals.
Can a marquee be put on concrete?
Yes, marquees can be put on concrete. However, it is important to note that marquees are not designed for use on concrete and doing so may void the warranty.
Additionally, it is important to ensure that the surface is flat and level before installation.
Can you put the marquee on the patio?
Yes, you can put a marquee on the patio. Marquee is a great way to add some extra space for events or gatherings on your patio.
Make sure to consult with a professional about the best way to install a marquee on your particular patio.
Can you put a marquee on uneven ground?
The answer is no – they are designed to be set up on the level ground. However, there are now many different types of marquees available, including those designed for use on uneven ground.
How do you join two marquees together?
There are a few ways to join marquees together. One option is to use zip ties or cable ties, which can be easily hidden behind the fabric.
Another option is to use grommets, which are small metal rings that can be attached to the fabric of each marquee.
The two marquees can then be connected by feeding a piece of rope or cord through the grommets and tying them together.
Can you put a marquee on the decking?
Yes, you can put a marquee on the decking. You will need to make sure that the marquee is properly secured so that it does not blow away in windy weather.
You will also need to make sure that the marquee is big enough to cover the entire decking area. If the marquee is too small, it will look odd and out of place.
How to make marquee flooring?
- Use metal tubing or conduit and create a grid that can be covered with fabric or vinyl.
- Another option is to use wooden boards and create a box-like structure that can be covered with either fabric or vinyl.
- A third option is to use interlocking foam tiles, which can be covered with either fabric or vinyl.
Temporary flooring for parties?
- One is to rent possibly portable modular carpet tiles. This can give you some flexibility in configuration and also be easily removed and replaced.
- You might also look at using interlocking puzzle mats made of EVA foam which could provide cushion and insulation and also can be taken up and used again later.
- Another option would be to lay down an outdoor area rug or mat specially designed for use on grass or turf. This can provide a more finished look to your party space but will need to be cleaned or replaced after use.
Temporary marquee flooring?
We typically suggest using either interlocking tiles or portable event flooring rolls.
The advantage of interlocking tile
- Set up on most types of surfaces, including concrete, grass, and carpets.
- Taken down just as quickly and easily, making them ideal for event venues that need to be changed over quickly between different events.
- Create a more finished look than using portable event flooring rolls.
Cheap marquee flooring ideas?
- Some great cheap marquee flooring ideas include using recycled pallets or repurposed hardwood floors.
- Alternatively, you could use carpet tiles which are a very affordable option and can be easily laid yourself.
- If you’re looking for something a bit more stylish, vinyl flooring is a great option and is available in a variety of patterns and colours.
DIY marquee flooring?
- One option is to install a wooden subfloor and use adhesive letters or vinyl decals to create your desired design.
- Another option is to paint the floor with marquee-style paint, which can be found at most home improvement stores.
- You could also stencil your desired design onto the floor and then seal it with a coat of polyurethane.
Marquee wooden flooring
Marquee wooden flooring is a popular choice for many homeowners and businesses because of its natural beauty and durability.
This type of flooring is made from sustainable oak trees, so you can feel good about choosing this option knowing that it will last for many years with proper care.
Marquee flooring is available in a variety of finishes, including untreated, oiled, lacquered, and smoked.
When choosing to floor for your wedding, it is important to consider the style of your event, the weather conditions, and the type of dance floor you would like.
- For a formal event, a solid wood floor or marbled flooring can create a classic look.
- However, these surfaces can be slick when wet, so they may not be ideal for a summer wedding.
- Consider using rugs or runners on top of the surface to prevent guests from slipping.
- If you are having an outdoor wedding, concrete or brick may be the best option to withstand weather conditions
- The wooden dance floor can also be used outdoors but it will require regular maintenance to keep it looking nice.
Marquee flooring hire near me
If you’re looking for a marquee flooring hire near you, then look no further than our experts. We have a wide range of flooring options to suit any event, from formal occasions to more relaxed gatherings, and our team can work with you to ensure that your marquee looks amazing.
We understand that not everyone is an expert in marquees, which is why we offer a free consultation service to help you choose the perfect flooring for your event.
We’ll discuss your needs and preferences and provide a range of options for you to choose from. All of our floorings are high-quality and great value for money, so you can be sure that you’re making the best decision for your event
Marquee flooring 3×6
If you have a large space, then you’ll need to opt for a larger size marquee flooring option, such as 3×6. This will give you plenty of room to move around and avoid any problems with guests tripping over each other.