What is Showmax on DStv? – South Africa
Showmax is a premium streaming service that brings you the best of Hollywood, local and international TV shows, movies, documentaries and more.
Available on DStv Now, Showmax has something for everyone. You can watch your favourite shows on-demand, or catch up on new episodes as they air.
You can also get access to exclusive content from some of the world’s biggest movie studios – including
- Sony Pictures Entertainment
- Fox Studios Australia
- NBCUniversal International Networks
- MGM Television
- And more
And if you’re into sports, you’ll love Showmax Pro.
We’ve got all the action from top leagues like
- Premier League (soccer)
- NBA (basketball)
- NHL (hockey)
- And more!
You can watch it on your computer, tablet, smartphone, or TV. It is available to DStv Premium, Compact Plus, and Compact customers at no additional cost.
Why subscribe to Showmax?
It is a great way to keep up with your favourite TV shows and movies. With a subscription, you’ll get access to a huge range of TV shows and movies, as well as some great benefits.
6 Benefits of Showmax in South Africa
- No adverts
- HD quality
- Offline viewing
- Mobile app
- No contracts
- Cancel anytime
How to add Showmax to DStv? – Bundle it Up
- Log in to your DStv Connect account.
- Click on the “Products & Services” tab.
- Under “Online Services”, select “Showmax”.
- Click “Subscribe Now”.
- Enter your email address and password.
- Click “Continue”.
- Follow the prompts to complete your subscription.
You’re now ready to start watching all your favourite shows and movies!
Showmax Plans & Prices – Subscriptions South Africa
There are 2 Plans available
- Standard from R39 per month
- Pro from R225 per month
The Pro Plan – Sports on Showmax
- UEFA Champions League
- Premier Soccer League
- LaLiga, Serie A
- FA Cup
- UEFA Europa League
- English Premier League
- UEFA Europa Conference League
- & much more
- World Challenge League
- Diamond League
- & much more
- Soweto Marathons
- & much more
- Selected IBF
- African Boxing events
- & much more
- Horse Racing
- Extreme Sports
- & much more
- NewzRoom Afrika
What are the Showmax Payment Options?
There a variety of payment options to suit your needs
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Prepaid vouchers
- Add it to your DStv Debit order
Top Movies on Showmax
- The Card Counter (2021)
- Copshop (2021)
- Worth (2020)
- The Wrong Girl (2022)
- Paw Patrol: The Movie (2021)
- Sons of the Sea (2021)
- Klein Karoo 2 (2021)
- Those Who Wish Me Dead (2021)
- Zack Snyders Justice League (2021)
- Kalushi: The Story of Solomon Mahlangu (2017)
- India Sweets and Spices (2021)
- Clifford the Big Red Dog (2021)
- Gunpowder Milkshake (2021)
- Waiting for Goldman (2021)
- Godzilla vs Kong (2021)
- Down So Long (2021)
- Aso Eegun
- John and the Hole (2021)
- A Quiet Place Part II (2020)
- Meet Melusi (2022)
- Im Fine (Thanks for Asking) (2021)
- Swan Song (2021)
- In the Heights (2021)
- Dear Evan Hansen (2021)
- Scream (2022)
- Fried Barry (2020)
- Barakat (2020)
- The Reckoning (2020)
- Last Night in Soho (2020)
- The Last Job (2021)
- 007: No Time To Die (2021)
- And much more!
Best movies on Showmax:
- Boss Level
- Zack Snyders Justice League
- Ray Donovan
- The Marksman
- Mad Max
- Wrath of Man
- The Protege
- Hitmans Wifes Bodyguard
- Alone (2020)
- The Little Things
- Unhinged (2020)
What shows are on Showmax? – Best Series on Showmax
- Roast House
- Game of Thrones S1-8
- Have Faith S1-3
- House of the Dragon
- Westworld S1-4
- Mayans MC S3-4
- The Equalizer S1-2
- The Wife S1-2
- Somizi & Mohale: End of the Road
- Pretty Little Liars: Original Sin
- The Thing About Pam
- County 49
- Gomora S1-3
- The Wire S1-S5
- The River S1-5
Showmax Channels Packages
- Newsroom Afrika
- Trace Gospel
- Trace Urban
Compatible Devices for Streaming Showmax
- Amazon Fire TV
- Apple TV
- Android TV
Mobile & Tablet
- Ipad & iPhone
- Android Tablets & Phones
- Windows PC
- Chrome OS
Difference between Netflix and Showmax
- A wider selection of movies and TV shows
- No live TV
- Premium Package @ R199 per month
- Great Movie selection & TV Shows
- Has Live TV Channels
- Offers a Variety of Sports
- Pro Package @ R225 per month
Free 14-day Trial is Available
You can get a free 14-day trial to test out the service. This is a great way to see if it is the right fit for you.
After the trial, you can subscribe with the option to cancel at any time.
What is the Showmax App?
The Showmax app is a streaming service that allows you to watch movies and TV shows on your computer, phone, or tablet.
The app is available for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone devices, as well as Macs.
The app allows you to stream content from any device with an internet connection and a screen.
You can also download episodes of your favourite shows onto your device so that you can watch them offline!
Showmax App Download
Download the App from Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
You will need an internet connection to download and install the application on your mobile device.
Once done, open the app, enter your name and email address, and then click on “Create Account” button to activate your account.
- Click HERE to Download
You can also use the app to:
- Sign in to your existing account
- View all of your watchlists, favourites, and saved episodes
- Save new episodes to watch later
- Add shows to your watchlist or favourites so you don’t miss them when they come out!
Download the LATEST APK now
- Click HERE to Download
Showmax login – How to Log in
To log in to your account, follow these steps:
- Go to showmax.com on your preferred device and click login in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Enter your email address as it appears on your account, then enter your password and click Log In (if you do not know your password, click Forgot Password to reset it).
- If this is your first time logging in, you will be prompted to either sign up for an account or log in with Facebook or Google+. If you choose to sign up for an account from scratch, follow the prompts to create one now!
Sign up for Showmax – Sign Up Process
The process can be completed by following these steps:
- Create an account on the website
- Enter your payment information
- Confirm your email address
How do I activate Showmax on my Smart TV?
- Download the App onto your Smart TV
- Connect the TV using the Showmax com link enter code
- The Code is given when you open your App
How to Link your Device? – Showmax link tv code
- Go to showmax.com/devices and log in with your username and password. If you don’t know either of those things, click on “Forgot username or password?” at the bottom of the page. You’ll need to enter your email address and click “continue.”
- You’ll then see a list of devices that are currently linked with your account. If there aren’t any listed here yet, click “Link New Device” at the top right part of the screen next to where it says “Your Devices.”
- Choose which type of device you want to link by clicking on one of its icons under Categories on the left-hand side of the screen; then click “Link Now.”
Is Showmax Worth It?
If you’re a huge fan of movies, then the answer to this question is a resounding yes!
It has hundreds of movies that are available to watch at any time, so there’s always something to watch.
If you’re not sure what you want to watch, there’s even a section with recommended movies based on your preferences.
If you are experiencing problems with your account, try the following:
- Check your internet connection and ensure that you are connected to a Wi-Fi network or mobile data service.
- Restart your device and wait 30 seconds before opening it
- Update your device’s software to the latest version
- Try using another browser like Chrome or Firefox
lnk1020 error on Showmax
This error can occur when you try to watch a show. It’s a technical issue that prevents the video from playing and displays this error message instead.
The good news is that it’s usually just a temporary issue with your device or internet connection.
We’ve got some suggestions for troubleshooting this problem below:
- Try restarting your device
- Check if your network is experiencing any issues
How to stop Showmax buffering?
- Clear the Cache
- Restart your device
Showmax loading error
- Check your internet connection – requires a minimum internet speed of 1Mbps.
- Try restarting your device – this can sometimes help clear any temporary issues that may be causing the problem.
- Check for any updates that may be available for your device or app – these can often fix bugs or improve performance.
How to connect Showmax to DStv?
- Go to www.showmax.com and create an account or log in to your existing account.
- Select My Account and then Link DStv Account.
- Enter your DStv smartcard number and follow the prompts to link your accounts.
Showmax download on pc?
Use the Showmax website
- You can access the website by going to showmax.com.
- Once you’re on the website, you can sign in with your account and start watching shows and movies.
Showmax app for Android
- To do this, you’ll need to use a program called an Android emulator.
- An Android emulator is a piece of software that allows you to run Android apps on your computer.
- There are a few different Android emulators that you can use, but we recommend Bluestacks. You can download Bluestacks for free from their website.
- Once you have Bluestacks installed, open it and search for the app.
- Once you’ve found the app, install it and then launch it.
Now, you should be able to sign in with your account and start watching shows and movies on your PC.
Contact Showmax – Live Chat
Contact via LIVE chat
- Click HERE to Chat
Showmax Contact Details Johannesburg
- Email email@example.com
People also ASK – Showmax Download
How much is Showmax per month?
It depends on the package. The cheapest is R39 per month
How does Showmax works?
It is a streaming service that lets you watch TV shows and movies whenever you want. You can watch it on your phone, laptop, tablet, or smart TV.
To start watching, you need to sign up for a free account.
Once you’re signed up, you can choose from two subscription options: a monthly subscription or an annual subscription.
How to cancel Showmax subscription?
There are a few ways to cancel your subscription.
- Call the customer care team on 0860 004 004
- Go online to showmax.com/service and click on ‘cancel my subscription
- Email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I watch Showmax on my TV?
There are a few different ways that you can watch it on your TV.
- If you have a smart TV, you can download the app and log in with your account details.
- You can connect your laptop or computer to your TV and stream that way.
Can you download on Showmax?
Yes, you can!
How to access Showmax on DStv?
You can access it on your DStv account by going to the MyDStv website and signing in.
- Once you’re logged in, click on the “Showmax” tab under “products & packages.”
- From there, you can view all the available content and start watching!
How many devices can connect to Showmax?
Up to four devices can connect at the same time.
This means that users can watch content on up to four different devices, with each device having its own username and password.
How to use Showmax?
- Create an account. You can sign up for it with your email address or through your Facebook account.
- Choose what you want to watch. Browse through the catalogue and add TV shows, movies, and documentaries to your watchlist.
- Start watching. When you’re ready to watch something, simply click on it and start streaming. You can also download content to watch offline if you’re going to be without an internet connection.
Is Showmax free on DStv?
It is only free for premium packages
Showmax keeps freezing / stopping
- Try restarting your device.
- If that doesn’t work, then try disconnecting and reconnecting your device to the internet.
- You may need to delete the app and reinstall it.
Can you watch Showmax offline?
Yes, you can watch offline.
Downloads are available for TV shows and movies, so you can watch them offline on your phone or tablet, even without WiFi or data
Yes but only in English and for the bigger shows.
How to delete recently watched on Showmax?
To delete recently watched programmes:
- Go to www.showmax.com and sign in
- Click on the three lines in the top left corner of the screen
- Select My account
From here you will be able to see a list of all your Recently Watched programmes.
To delete a programme, hover over it and click on the trash can that appears. Click ‘Delete’ when prompted to confirm.
What does Showmax cost?
The Pro costs R225 per month
Is Showmax included in DStv premium?
Yes, it is!
Showmax not working on Samsung tv?
- Make sure that your TV is connected to the internet and that you have the latest software update installed.
- Try restarting the app and/or your TV. Sometimes simply restarting the app can resolve technical issues.
- If that doesn’t work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app on your Samsung TV.
How to link DStv to Showmax?
To link DStv, you’ll need to create an account and then enter your DStv subscriber number.
- Once you’ve linked your accounts, you can watch the content on DStv.
Can I watch rugby on Showmax?
Yes, rugby can be watched.
- You can either watch live matches as they air, or you can watch full replays of previous matches.
- As well, there are a few different rugby leagues that you can watch, including the Super Rugby League and the Currie Cup.
How many episodes in the wife Showmax?
120 Episodes across 3 seasons.
How to connect Showmax to DStv Explora?
- Use the app, which is available for both Android and ios devices
- Visit the website and sign in using your DStv account details.
Is Showmax free with DStv premium?
Yes, it is!
How to add a device to my Showmax account?
- If you’re watching on a computer or laptop, go to showmax.com and sign in. Click on the three lines in the top left corner, and select “Devices”. From there you can add devices that are already linked to your account, or manage devices that aren’t yet linked.
- If you’re watching on an app (Android or iOS), open the app and sign in. Tap on the menu bar at the top left corner of the screen, then tap on “Settings”. Scroll down and tap on “Linked Devices”, then follow the instructions to add devices that are already linked to your account.
Yes, it is possible to watch on your TV using a Chromecast.
- To do so, you’ll need to first install the app on your mobile device or computer.
- Once you have the app installed, open it and sign in.
- Then, tap the cast icon in the top right corner of the screen and select your Chromecast from the list of devices.
- Your TV will then show whatever is on your mobile device’s screen.
- You can use the app to control playback and volume
Gay series on Showmax
- Sally forever
- Here and Now
- The L word
- Gentleman Jack
Streaming TV Services Comparison
You Tube TV
Amazon Video Prime