How much to tar a driveway in South Africa?
Any property needs a driveway for easy access. Maintaining your driveway ensures its functionality and appearance. Tarring includes putting asphalt over a firm base. How much to tar a driveway in South Africa? This article discusses the cost of tarring a driveway, which depends on numerous factors.
Factors that Affect the Cost of Tarring a Driveway
South African driveway tarring costs depend on several factors.
- These include the driveway’s size, asphalt thickness, quality, project difficulty, location, and contractor expenses.
How to Calculate the Cost of Tarring a Driveway
Tarring a driveway costs the square footage times the asphalt cost per square foot.
- A 1000-square-foot driveway with a 2-inch asphalt coating costs R15,000–R25,000.
Different Types of Asphalt Mixes
- Hot, warm, and cold asphalt mixes exist.
- Hot-mix asphalt costs the most but lasts the longest.
- Your blend depends on climate and driveway traffic.
Benefits of Tarring a Driveway
- Tarring a driveway boosts curb appeal, property value, durability, maintenance costs, drainage, and flood prevention.
Potential Risks and Disadvantages of Tarring a Driveway
- Tarring a driveway can cause environmental issues like heat absorption and water infiltration, health risks from the chemicals used, and landscape damage during construction.
How to Choose the Right Contractor for Tarring Your Driveway
A successful tarring project requires the appropriate contractor.
- Research and compare contractors, verify licenses and insurance, read reviews, and receive recommendations from former clients.
Conclusion on “How much to tar a driveway in South Africa?”
Tarring a driveway improves property value and functionality.
- South African driveway tarring costs depend on size, thickness, quality, intricacy, location, and contractor fees.
- Planning and research can ensure a successful tarring project with long-term advantages.
Find out about Tar Surfacing Services