How to test Heartbeat on DStv decoder?
More DStv users are adding an Extra View Connection to their homes or business places. It is an economical and convenient way to get the most from your DStv Package. When creating an ExtraView connection, you also have to know how to test heartbeat on DStv decoder.
- It is a major part of your DStv Explora Setup.
What is the Simplest Procedure on how to test heartbeat on DStv Decoder?
In every extra view connection, a heartbeat signal plays a huge role in a great viewing experience. The primary DStv Explora decoder in your setup will communicate to the other secondary decoder through a heartbeat signal.
- If you set up the heartbeat signal poorly, it will result in a poor signal error message, and you thus have to know how to test heartbeat on DStv decoder.
How to test the connections?
Once you have created the extra view connection, you can begin testing your heartbeat signal across all decoders.
- Check the signal strength on your primary decoder to ensure it is strong enough for distribution across all other decoders.
- You can also check which is the primary decoder from the extra view menu on your DStv decoder menu.
- Click on the “menu” button on your remote and navigate to the extra view option.
- Select it, and it will bring you a list of all connected decoders in the setup.
- You can now select the individual decoder you want to test.
- Once you click on it, you will get all the signal information about it.
How do you ensure your heartbeat is strong?
When your extra view signal is poor, it will interfere with your viewing experience.
There are various ways to ensure your heartbeat signal is always good, and they are part of the process.
- Ensure you are using the correct heartbeat cable from Multichoice in your setup.
- Check whether the cable is cut at any point as this can cause a signal interruption and poor signal in your DStv extra view connection.
Once you check all these factors, your extra view connection will be good, and this is how to test heartbeat on DStv decoder.